Tuesday 30 November 2010

An important song for you

Yesterday in class we read about Hannah and Jamie and how it all started with a song. Here is the song that was mentioned in the text. Watch the video and read the lyrics, then write on the comment section a song that is or was important for you and say why.



Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah they were all yellow,
I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow
So then I took my turn
Oh all the things I've done
And it was all yellow
Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know you know I love you so
You know I love you so
I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh all the things you do
Cause you were all yellow
I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow
Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know for you i bleed myself dry
For you i bleed myself dry
Its true look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine
look at the stars look how they shine for you

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry Rosa, will be for the age, but my song is 'Al Alba' (1975) by Luis Eduardo Aute, sung by Rosa Leon. That song is very much for me because...I was 20, it's a very beautiful love poem although it was writing before to shoot five people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOZ15lpAES4

Rosa Teacher said...

Don't say you are sorry Paco, it is a beautiful!I grew up listening to Victor Manuel, Ana Belén, Paco Ibañez and Aute. In fact when my family travelled by car we used to sing this song (and it rained because of me).

I understand that this song "means a lot to you" (significa mucho, es impotante para ti) and yes, it was written just before 5 people were killed during the last period of Franco's Dictatorship.

Manuel said...

Hello, I'm Manuel and the song wich means a lot for me is "Stand by me"
You can listen in this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI_0Hyn57Lk
It's the best version that I have listened. When I sing this song,(usually at shower) it's snowing during a week... Excuse me the mistakes.

Rosa said...

Thank you for your comment Manuel, great choice! And thanks for the link. Just a couple of comment
"This songs means a lot TO me"
"IN the shower"
And yes, we excuse your mistakes, mistakes are part of the process of learning.

Guerrera Ad Libitum said...

Hello Rosa,my prefer song is "No ordinary love" by Sade.I listened this single in 1992 when I was a teenager and I feel in love the first one.
Since this moment it always has been with me in the best moments.

Rosa said...

Hi Maria, nice choice and great voice. Therefore your favourite song is "No ordinary love" or the song you prefer is "No ordinary love".
You fell in love for the first time and it has always been with you in the best moments.

If we get more suggestions we can make a CD of the group's favourite songs, please keep writing

PACO RUIZ said...

One of my favorite songs is "No surrender" of Bruce Springsteen, because its lyrics give me power to go forward when I am depressed.
Link to listen to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD3DdskaPhs